Some quick facts on WA regulations

Standard Lottery (raffle)

To conduct a raffle you will be required to obtain a permit from the Gaming and Wagering Commission of Western Australia. There are 6 different types of lotteries but the one which applies for an online raffle is called the Standard Lottery (raffle)

  • You need a permit for either a 7 day or 3 month raffle
  • All tickets must be sold at the price authorised by the permit.
  • The price of every ticket shall be the same.
  • If using a random number-generating device it must be certified.
  • Financial records must be kept for one year after the permit has expired.
  • Maximum number of tickets sold must not exceed the number authorised by the permit.
  • Children under 12 years can not sell tickets.

To obtain a permit please complete the following form Standard Lottery (raffle) license form.

State Authority

Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Phone (08) 9425 1888.